Kids Dentist Indooroopilly
Children’s Dental Care
Heritage Dental Group in Indooroopilly is committed to caring for children’s smiles and their overall dental health.
Our team understands how important a great smile is for a child’s overall health and confidence. We are passionate about educating children from an early age about the advantages of looking after their teeth and gums.
At Heritage Dental Group, our experienced dentists take special care in encouraging and training kids in good oral hygiene routine. Our team members try to make children’s dental visit comfortable and informative for both kids and parents.
Dr Singh recommends 6-12 monthly check-ups for all age kids.
We BULK-BILL dental treatment for eligible kids under Medicare Child Dental Benefit schedule.
Contact our team on 38783384 or Use the contact form below to check your child’s eligibility for Medicare.
WE PROMISE “A GENTLE CARING DENTAL EXPERIENCE.”
PREVENTATIVE FISSURE SEALANTS
Fissure sealants are a safe and painless way of protecting your children’s teeth from tooth decay. It is a plastic coating which covers the chewing surfaces of the back adult teeth. The sealant forms a hard shield that keeps food and bacteria from getting into the tiny grooves in the teeth. Contact us today to ask about this procedure and to schedule your next visit. Our dentist will explain if your your child need fissure sealants, why they need it and how much it costs.
DIET AND DENTAL DECAY
Dental decay can be prevented with proper brushing and flossing techniques and choosing healthy foods and avoiding sweet acidic foods and drinks. Our dentist will clean your child’s teeth to get rid of the plaque buildup. Dentist will also discuss your children’s diet with you to make sure diet is not affecting teeth.
WHEN SHOULD MY CHILD FIRST SEE THE DENTIST?
CHILDREN'S FIRST DENTAL VISIT TO OUR DENTAL PRACTICE
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO GET MY CHILD'S TEETH CHECKED?
To encourage children and to maintain everyday oral hygiene routine, Please print the following brushing and flossing chart to track brushing and flossing routine. You are also welcome to come and pick one from the Practice:
DR SINGH RECOMMENDS
5 DON'TS OF CHILD'S DENTAL VISIT
Read our blog post here on how to make your child’s dental visit comfortable?
Dental Care for Children: Hints and Tips For Healthy Teeth
- Healthy Eating – Cavity causing foods are those with a high sugar content. To reduce the risk of tooth decay it is important to reduce the total intake of sugary foods. Limiting the number of times sugars are eaten throughout the day.
- Healthy Drinking – Children should drink plenty of plain tap water and limit the consumption of soft drinks, sports drinks, cordials and fruit juices, which generally have a high sugar content.
- Brush Twice a Day– It is important for kids to clean their teeth at least twice a day with a gentle but thorough brushing action using a soft brush with a small head and fluoride toothpaste. Correct regular brushing will reduce plaque build-up and tooth decay and help maintain healthy gums and teeth. Up to age eight, kids will need assistance to brush correctly. Most children lack the manual dexterity to brush correctly before eight years of age.
- Floss Daily – Children should floss between their teeth every day to remove food and plaque from the spaces between teeth where their toothbrush may not be able to reach and clean. An adult supervision and assistance is highly recommended to ensure that kids adopt a daily flossing routine.
- Visit Your Dentist Regularly – It is recommended that from age three, children visit the dentist every six months for a thorough check-up. Regular dental check-ups from an early age reinforce good dental care and assist in reducing the need for fillings in the future.
- Wear a Mouth Guard For Sport – It is important to play safe in all sports by protecting children’s teeth with a custom-made, professionally fitted mouth guard. Mouth guards are available in a range of colours (even team colours) from your dentist. Mouthgurads should always be worn when training and playing sport to minimise the risk of dental injury.
If you have any questions regarding your child’s dental health or need to enquire if your child is eligible for Medicare child dental benefit scheme, please contact our team in Indooroopilly on 38783384 or use the enquiry form below and we will get back to you asap. Thankyou
Visit Australian Dental Association website for more resources and information on Dental Health.