Dental Health Week
Dental Health Week is the Australian Dental Association’s yearly campaign to educate Australians on the importance of good oral health and how to look after their teeth. This years Dental Health Week will be from 3rd-9th August 2020.
This year, the focus is on what harm sugar can do to your teeth and gums.
This campaign is to make Australians aware of reading labels, recommended daily sugar consumption and affects of sugar on oral health. According to Australian Dental Association, this information is reinforced with three sugar messages:
• Consume no more than 6 teaspoons (24 grams) of free sugar per day as recommended by the World Health Organization (WHO).
• Choose foods with less than 10 grams of sugar per 100 grams.
• Look out for hidden sugars when purchasing foods and drinks.
You can look after your oral health with these four easy steps:
• Brush twice a day with fluoride toothpaste.
• Clean between your teeth daily using floss or interdental brushes.
• Eat a healthy, balanced diet and limit sugar intake.
• Visit the dentist regularly for check-ups and preventive care.
According to Australian’s Oral Health Tracker:
• Less than 50% of Australians adults have had a dental check-up in the last 12 months.
• 53% of Australians brush their teeth only once-a-day.
• Nearly 40% never floss or clean between their teeth.
• 73% of young people (14-18 years) are consuming too much sugar.
• 47% of adults (18+ years) are consuming too much sugar.
Find more information on Australia’ Oral health Tracker:
WHAT’S HAPPENING AT HERITAGE DENTAL GROUP DURING DENTAL HEALTH WEEK 2020?
At Heritage Dental Group, Dr Singh and our team is encouraging you to contact us if you have any questions or concerns regarding you or your family’s oral health.
You are welcome to come in for 15-20 minute appointments with Dr Singh about your oral health.
Please contact us on 38783384 to book your consultation with Dr Singh during Dental Health Week 2020.
Our team understands, every person requires individual approach to their oral health care needs that’s why we offer personalised dental care. We always aim to make your dental experience a comfortable and relaxed one.
We would love to hear from you!